Tuesday, October 25, 2005

O L D T O W N

I took this photo on March. This is NARA prefecture. NARA is old capital before KYOTO.
And,you can see big temple in this photo. It's 東大寺(Todaiji). WORD HERITAGE,you know?!
Todaiji was constructes since 728 by 聖武天皇(Shomu Emperor). Firstly,it wsn't Todaiji.
It continued to constructing...and then it became Todaiji. And,it's the largest wooden building.
There is the GREAT BUDDHA a little farther on...
It's around 18 merters in height. WOW!! very big!!
I went to there the firs time when I was younger. It was a primary school trip.
Actually,then I thought NARA is boring. BUT!! I enjoyed there so much when I went to there on March this year again.
Perhaps,because I've grown up. haha.
I'm intersted in old culture...
Probably,you can enjoy there!!
And,you can see a lot of tame DEER!! (I don't know, why they are...)
You must watch out for not tame deer... haha.
SEE YA!!!
Information NARA English site

home

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an excellent photo! Thanks for posting this up.

Do you have a photo of the Great Buddha?

Craig.

okyan said...

I should have taken a photo of the Great
Buddha. But,I didn't it...
But,you can see it next year or someday!!