Monday, December 05, 2005

SUMO the second


I write about SUMO again.
Can you see the photo?
He is 朝青龍 [Asashoryu].
He is 横綱 [Yokozuna]!! Yokozuna is the highest rank in SUMO wrestling. We also call 大横綱 [Dai Yokozuna] to him. Because,he had a lot of victory.
So far he is the only Yokozuna in SUMO world...

He is a Mongolian. (I know non Japanese SUMO wretler are storonger than Japanese now. haha)
His real name is Dolgorsuren Dagvadorj...
His father and 4 brothers are Mongolian SUMO wretler.
One of his brother is Japanese professional wrestker...His name is Blue Wolf.

This photo is the prime minister Koizumi gave to him the cup.
It was 27th November in Fukuoka.
It was rare that Koizumi come to there and giving the cup.
But,Asashoryu had 7th straight victory and won 6 times tournament in this year.
So,Koizumi came to there.
He said...
It's a new record!! big record!! excellent!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Add a postscript...7th December 9:30 p.m.
I've got a question.
Asashoryu is the 68th Yokozuna.
There was 67 Yokozuna before... They resigned SUMO now...

10 comments:

Calle Fleur said...

Hello,

it is very interesting to read about SUMO. In Sweden, we don't know lots about SUMO, haha. But if I go to Japan once, I would love to see SUMO. Haha.
And yes, there is much much snow in Sweden. Very cold, haha. It would be hard to do SUMO in the snow, haha.

pallaver said...

What are the ranking levels for sumo, and why is it that in all of sumo's extensive history, there has never been a yokozuna until now?

Otherwise, very interesting blog, and a site I will visit from time to time! Since, NP

Anonymous said...

Miss Okyan : You must see portoghese blog "Soy un perro callejero". Nice weblog.

Anonymous said...

Miss Okyan : Do you know Katsumi Tokuhisa books ?

okyan said...

>calle fleur
Hello!! Thank you coming!!!
Even me, don't know SUMO much actually... haha.
Yeah,if you come to here you should to see SUMO.
I'd like to go to Sweden. But,I would die from cold!!!! haha.

>pallaver
Ummm...difficult question!!!!!
There are quite a lot of classes,and then there are some groups.(some low classes together)
If someone get a victory some times or a lot of win, then be promoted class.
But,It need a decision with SUMO association.
Sorry,I looked about it although I couldn't much information...

>filomeno
I'll look for [soy un perro callejero]...Can I find it from google seach?
I don't know Katsumi Tokuhisa much...He was a doctor...right?
How did you know him??

>?
Thank you gave me nice advisory!!
I'll have to carehull if I go to Spain...
Mainly good people but sometimes thieves look for rich Japanese. (I'm not rich.haha.)

Anonymous said...

You can find it in Google Search and in www.sapo.pt. Katsumi Tokuhisa book "How to attract the good luck", Sei- cho- no-ie

pallaver said...

Hmm... my blog hasn't been up for long, thus the only two spots I think I've posted serious pictures about are either Kagawa (Takamatsu) or Fuji area. Maybe somewhere around Honshu or Shikoku? I give up.

okyan said...

>?
Yes,I looked Katsumi Tokuhisa book in the website.
I've never read his book...

>pallaver
Year,you are right!! I live in Kagawa.
Did you go to KONPIRA when you came to Kgawa.
It's intersting place!!

pallaver said...

Yes, I have actually been to Konpira but want to go again with my camera (I hadn't bought a camera yet when I went before).

Thanks for the tip on my blog. The actual word I was looking for was "ippuku" or "一服", so that was a mistake, yeah.

I live in Tamano, so often take the ferry to Takamatsu to go drinking. I also take my road bike on the ferry and go for rides around Shikoku too, although too cold these days to do that.

okyan said...

>pallaver
Actually,I'd like to go Konpira too.
Because,I went to there last year. But,then I didn't start to thid blog. So,I'd like to take photos in there!!
Oh,you come here often...
I've never been to Okayama by ferry. I go to there by train (Marine liner)...
Yeah,too cold now...

P.S. You are very clever!!! You can use KANJI!!!!