Wednesday, December 14, 2005

KANJI of the year

I wrote about 2005's KANJI last time.
I got a question that What KANJI was chosen each past 10 years.
Thanks give me a talk topic,Pallaver!!

1995
It means shake,shiver,tremble,quake...
Because,there was big reason that the great Hanshin-Awaji earthquake at 17th January.
And,there was serious crimes by Aum-Shinrikyo clut.
We trembles with that scary incident.


1996
It means food,meal,eat,appetite...
Because,there was panic over O-157(Escherichia coli food poisoning).
There was the first scare BSE. (There wasn't BSE cow in Japan in 1996 yet.)

1997
It means fall,succumb,destruction...
Because,there had been a spate of company bankruptcy,even big company.
And,Japan grabbed first ticket to the World Cup soccer finals.
Japan smote the other teams!! [smite] is sometimes means like...「倒」

Well,break for the day...
I'll write about it 1998~ next time!!
See you soon...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What means "Kokura´s Luck?

okyan said...

>?
Sorry,I don't know Kokura's luck.
I've never heard ir before.