Wednesday, January 18, 2006

in memory of...

It was 17th January yesterday.
11years have passed since there was 阪神淡路大震災 [Hanshin Awaji Dai Shinsai].(great Hanshin Awaji earthqake)
There was a memorial service 「1・17の集い」 in KOBE.(It means gathering (service) of 17th January.)
The time at 5:46 a.m. (Of course,the time what the occurrence of an earthquake)・・・People offered a silent prayer for 6,595 afflicted people at that memorial service.
We have to remember it...

I felt so fear when the eathequake broke out.
There is a quate long distance gap between my place and Kobe area although!!!
You can check both of places. (click this this map,see more big)
My town is SHIKOKU area and Kobe is KANSAI area.
Yeah,difference island.
So,you might understand how much the eathquake was strong...

2 comments:

pallaver said...

Hi Okyan,
I have another request which I'd like you to write about. I work as a teacher in H.S. and my students are pretty tame, but every now and then you get students like the 16 year old who poisoned her mother.

(http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-1854972,00.html)

What are most Japanese people's reactions to stories like these which definitely make nation-wide news? Are people surprised? Shocked? Or do people just blow it off? Americans I think are pretty used to seeing negatively-orientated news, with most of our broadcasts involving bad propoganda, but Japan, viewed as a quieter, less-violent society by many, doesn't seem to be geared the same way. What are your thoughts, and do you remember any other stories such as this one which were hyped up and shocking to the Japanese public?

Sorry for the difficult question. I am also working on translating what I wrote in my blog that you had trouble with, but yes, it was some pretty cryptic and difficult English!

okyan said...

>pallaver
Thank you gave me a topic,what shoud I write here.
Yeah,It's a difficult queation.
Moreover,I have to write about it with ENGLISH!!!!←big reason....
But,I'll try to write next or after next post.

By the way,what is H.S.???
I thought that you work in JET.
Must be nice teacher for the students.

English is still difficult for me.
I know Japanese is difficulut too!!!!