Tuesday, March 14, 2006

White Day

I wrote about Japanese funny anniversarys last post.
Today is White Day.
It's very common day in Japan.

Tha day is a man return gift to woman who gave to him chocolate at Valentin's Day.
In Japan,woman give chocolate to man at that day.
And,14th March man give something in return to woman.
What is a gift in that day?
Marshmallow,Candy,Chocolate...anything is Okay!! Sometimes add more. (Handkerchief,something lady's stuff and so on...)

That day is Japanese custom.
Firstly,candy/confectionery organization startd Candy Day in 1978.
And,it became White Day in 1980.
It has spread now!!

Yeah,firstly candy/confectionery's PLOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm looking forward to it today!! haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

White Day sounds fun. I was wondering, why is it called 'White Day'?

How many gifts of chocolate did you give out on Valentine's day?

Well, I hope you get lots of gifts today!

Speak to you soon,

Craig.

okyan said...

Hello,Craig!!

Why is it called White day?
Because,firstly they called Candy day. So,they associate Candy with Sugar. Sugar is white.
And,I guess narshmallow colour.

My Valentine's day was like a company custom. I got chese cake from my cowokers and superior yesterday.